The Salesian Center for Faith & Culture sponsors an informal discussion group for interested full-time faculty & staff at DSU who read a book of contemporary cultural concern and share their reviews of it.
Through a generous endowment, the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture provides the books to be read and a free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!). Participants need only provide their interest and their thoughts.
The group meets three times, at six-week intervals, in each of the Fall and Spring semesters. Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture.
HOW TO JOIN the Lunch Bunch:
(1) Review the texts under consideration for the next semester from a list of potential books. **(Lunch Bunch list Fall 2017)
(2) Choose THREE (3) books and prioritize them according to your own interest (#1 being your first choice to read, #2 your second, #3 your third). ** Unless otherwise noted.
(3) Send your priority list via email to Lore McFadden and indicate your interest in joining this year's Lunch Bunch and your availability to do so.
(4) The FALL 2017 "bunch" will be selected on June 2, 2017 ... so get your entries in before then!
The PARTICIPANTS in the FALL 2017 Lunch Bunch are:
- Bill Dwyer - (retired) Associate Professor / Division of Business
- Eric Hagan - Director / Distance Education and Instructional Technology
- Greg Kerr - Associate Professor of Philosophy / Division of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Program
- Joseph Colosi - Associate Professor of Biology / Natural Science Department
- Kristin Laudenslager - Director of Web Communications / Institutional Advancement
- Lore McFadden - Director of Programs / Salesian Center for Faith & Culture
- Melissa A Carroll - Assistant Professor / Doctor of Physical Therapy / Division of Healthcare
- Michael Gallagher - Assistant Professor and Department Chair / Division of Business
- Patricia Clay - Director of Information Technology / Information Technology
- Teresa Manion - Department Secretary / Division of Healthcare
Each meeting takes place on a Tuesday, from 12:30 to 1:30 PM, in the Salesian Center for Faith & Culture. Lunch is provided and we will discuss the following books:
Funding for the series is provided through the
"Althea A. Livirrie and Joseph & Rose Livirrie
Endowment for Arts & Culture."