The Lehigh Valley Association of Independent College (LVAIC) is a consortium of the colleges and universities in the Lehigh Valley of eastern Pennsylvania: Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, Lafayette College, Lehigh University, Moravian College, and Muhlenberg College. The staff members of LVAIC, working as a team, facilitate and advance collaborative initiatives of the organization. Key responsibilities of this position include collaborative program development, implementation and management. This position works closely with administrative functions within the member campuses to identify, develop and implement opportunities for enhancing services and reducing costs through shared services that maximize the resources of the member institutions through activities such as facilitating communities of practice. This position reports directly to the LVAIC Executive Director.
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative, Full-time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Development and Management (50%)
• Play a leading role in the identification, collection, analysis, and communication of necessary data across a range of activities, both academic and operational. Use relevant data to analyze costs and benefits of potential projects. Develops recommendations. Plan and implement projects and initiatives.
• Serve as project manager or team leader of cross functional teams for relevant projects related to, or emerging from, planning & analysis. Develop and manage project plans and budgets.
• Manage programs after implementation.
• Manage LVAIC Communities of Practice including recruiting members, facilitating meetings, developing and implementing professional development and other educational programs, contracting for services as appropriate.
• Apply strategic sourcing principles to consortial activities.
• Coordinate collaborative procurement process including preparation of specification and bid documents, vendor negotiations, bid evaluations and analysis and contract document development.
• Manage all existing LVAIC contracts and vendor relationships.
• Generate productivity analysis and reports.
• Manage LVAIC contract database, records and communications.
• Coordinate all procurement for LVAIC office.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or combination of Bachelor’s Degree and related work experience.
• 5 years working experience in contract development, analysis and/or purchasing.
• Demonstrated expertise conducting financial and business analysis.
• Demonstrated negotiation expertise.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives through influence rather than direct authority across all levels of higher education organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate team building, foster communication, resolve conflict and build trust across groups.
• Broad knowledge of information technology, preferably in a higher education environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, demonstrated ability to present materials to small and large groups.
• Proficient in use of MS Office Suite tools including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project or other project management software
• Demonstrated expertise with procurement process, technology and management tools.
• Demonstrated expertise with strategic sourcing principles.
• Experience implementing technology enabled business processes.
• Knowledge and expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate and analyze data and effectively report results.
TO APPLY: If your experience qualifies you for this challenging position, please send your resume and a cover letter along with specific salary history and three professional references electronically to email@example.com. Please combine cover letter, resume, and references into one (1) electronic document formatted as a PDF document. Include ‘LVAIC Director’ in the email subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled. Questions about the position may be directed to (610) 861-1459. LVAIC is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply