One of the final steps of attaining a degree from DeSales University’s part-time MBA program is to successfully complete the Policy & Strategy Capstone course. A large part of this course focuses on the Business Strategy Simulation Game (BSG), an online exercise that parallels the operations of an actual company. Classes are separated into groups that compete head-to-head against each other’s companies as well as other classes in universities worldwide. According to BSG’s website, “…The challenge is to craft and execute a competitive strategy that results in a respected brand image, keeps your company in contention for global market leadership, and produces good financial performance as measured by earnings per share, return on investment, stock price appreciation, and credit rating.” The BSG is extremely competitive; almost 900 teams compete globally.
A number of teams achieved excellent scores and gained global recognition for their efforts in the simulation during our most recent MBA session! Four of the six teams in Professor Edward Luttenberg’s course placed earned top honors. Two of those teams earned special world-wide recognition as follows:
The co-managers of Cleats (Company C – Robert Scherer and Mark Sadowski) earned a Global Top 100 ranking on the following performance criteria:
• Overall Game-To-Date Score - Their Overall Score of 109.0 tied for the 8th best Overall Score performance of the week, worldwide!
• Earnings Per Share - Their EPS of $10.89 tied for the 78th best EPS performance of the week, worldwide!
• Stock Price - Their Stock Price of $212.58 was the 58th best Stock Price performance of the week, worldwide!
The co-managers of B Bouncers (Company B – Andrew Lett and Susan Manela) earned a Global Top 100 ranking on the following performance criteria:
• Earnings Per Share - Their EPS of $10.52 was the 88th best EPS performance of the week, worldwide!
• Stock Price - Their Stock Price of $182.76 was the 89th best Stock Price performance of the week, worldwide!
Another of our Capstone professors, Dr. Mark Allyn, also had a team of students achieve world-wide recognition.
The co-managers of Arch Rival Inc. (Mark Christopher, Linda Wilding, and Kristin Downs) earned a Global Top 100 ranking on the following performance criteria:
- Overall Game-To-Date Score - Their Overall Score of 109.5 tied for the 4th best Overall Score performance of the week, worldwide!
- Earnings Per Share - Their EPS of $10.58 was the 62nd best EPS performance of the week, worldwide!
- Stock Price - Their Stock Price of $174.95 was the 77th best Stock Price performance of the week, worldwide!
Professor Luttenberg commented, “This is the best overall class performance I have had during the 20 years of teaching the Business Simulation. It is a significant performance among the top 100 teams from 200 universities and almost 900 BSG teams.” Professor Allyn remarked, “I was fortunate indeed to have these folks as my students this semester. They did a great job with their presentation to the class as well as their participation in the game.” The DeSales MBA Program extends its congratulations to Robert Scherer, Mark Sadowski, Andrew Lett, Susan Manela, Mark Christopher, Linda Wilding and Kristin Downs on these excellent achievements!
“Professor Luttenberg has consistently led his students to produce excellent scores and place in the top 100 global rankings,” says Dr. David Gilfoil, MBA Director. “We’re very happy with the results as well as the experience this gives to our MBA students as they prepare to graduate. I am also delighted that Dr. Allyn’s class has now achieved this global distinction. This is indeed a proud day for our MBA Program.”
For more information about the DeSales University MBA Program, click here.
See More Latest News >>