We strive to provide an atmosphere that promotes the academic, social, and personal development of students from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Solidarity Initiative Mission Statement
Solidarity is an action on behalf of the one human family, calling all of us to help overcome the divisions in our world. The DeSales Solidarity Initiative is to provide students, faculty, and staff with a new understanding of this human family, while encouraging them to “be who they are and be that well.” We inspire mutual respect, the development of friendships, and learning about the realities of each other’s lives through compassion and patience. We commit to fostering the holistic growth of the DeSales community by opening a dialogue and investing in the good of one’s neighbor.
Goals of the Solidarity Office:
- Welcome and accept all to DeSales
- Welcome, recognize, and respect cultural differences among the student body
- Provide a comfortable environment where differences are met with love
- Highlight those who have paved the path to equality
- Teach one how to accept/love themselves while continuing their journey to holistic growth.