The 18-credit Healthcare Information Management certificate program is a richly blended skillset of nursing science and information science.
Upon completing this program, you'll have the knowledge and skills needed to successfully apply information technology (IT) and Health Information Management to the healthcare industry.
This certificate program will prepare you to:
- successfully compete for employment in the healthcare field;
- use workflow analyses to examine current practices and workflows, and to examine the potential impact of informatics solutions on existing workflows;
- use analytical models, algorithms, and tools that facilitate assessment of healthcare information systems.
- utilize genomics and bioinformatics software tools and biotechnology software, and to apply best practices (HIPAA, CPHIT) to clinical information systems.
- demonstrate knowledge of high ethical standards — and how they apply in real life situations — consistent with the Christian humanistic philosophy of St. Francis de Sales.
As a student in this program, you'll be advised by both the Nursing program advisor and the MSIS program director to ensure your education path matches your goals.
Complete the following three credit courses to earn the 18-credit graduate certificate program in Healthcare Information Management:
IT 511 Database Management
IT 513 Data Mining and Visualization
IT 532 Systems Analysis and Design
IT 541 Decision Support Systems
IT 562 Data Analytics
IT 580 Introduction to Healthcare Information Technologies