Data Analytics is the “number one toughest job to fill” (Forbes, 2016) because of the high demand and limited number of skilled employees.
A data analytics specialist has been rated the “Top Best Job in America” and yields a median base salary of $116,840 (Glassdoor, 2016). It is predicted that by 2018 there will be a shortage of those with deep analytical skills, and there will be a need to fill up to 190,000 positions (McKinsey& Company, 2011).
Complete the following three credit courses to earn the 15-credit graduate certificate program in Data Analytics:
- IT 511 Database Management (some database background recommended)
- IT 513 Data Mining and Visualization (IT511 is a pre-requisite)
- IT 541 Decision Support Systems (IT511 is a pre-requisite)
- IT 553 Statistical Analysis and Predictive Modeling
- IT 562 Data Analytics (IT553 is a pre-requisite)