Stay on track for graduation and on target for the next step in your career.
Experienced faculty and advisors will help you build the education you want to reach YOUR career goals and complete the right courses you need, when you need them. You won't be anonymous at DeSales.
Meet the Faculty
Anxious to get hands-on experience as soon as possible? Our internship program opens the door to explore early, real-world experiences and possible career directions and placements.
Medical School and Graduate School
Our pre-med program has a strong history of helping students gain acceptance to medical, veterinary, and dental programs like:
- DeSales Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant Programs
- Harvard Medical School
- Lehigh University
- Temple University
- The University of Michigan
- Jefferson University School of Medicine
- The Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine at Hershey
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Temple University Medical School
- The University of Notre Dame
- The University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School
You'll get the opportunities and the support to gain a competitive advantage for graduate programs, including:
- specialized course work;
- volunteer and internship experiences;
- and help from the Pre-Professional Advisory Committee, who will assist you through the application process.
As a Biology major, you'll have flexibility to customize your degree to your own interests and goals with elective courses in:
- Human Structure and Function
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Field Biology
- Hormones and Behavior
- Introduction to Cell Culture
Bachelor of Science in Biology with a Forensic Concentration
The forensic concentration combines the strengths of DeSales’ biology and criminal justice programs. Centered in biology, our program is interdisciplinary with courses in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, psychology, and law enforcement. This well-balanced combination of studies provides graduates with numerous career and graduate education opportunities.
Would you like to teach biology?
Pursue a career in professional education through our Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP) as you earn your biology degree. This dual preparation in method and content maintains and fosters the philosophy and objectives of a liberal arts education while preparing you for quality teaching in the Commonwealth's secondary schools.