How to Apply
Applications for May 2019 are being accepted until October 15, 2018.
*Application Items Include:
1. Completed online application
- Click the red "apply online" button
2. Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
3. Completed prerequisite coursework
4. Official transcripts of all coursework taken at any university or college
- Electronic official transcripts can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper official transcripts can be mailed to: Nursing Department, 2755 Station Ave., Center Valley PA 18034
5. Two letters of professional recommendation
- Recommendations should be electronically requested through the application portal from individuals who are able to gauge the applicant’s qualifications, ex: professors, managers, supervisors, volunteer coordinators, etc.; not colleagues, classmates, and/or family members
- Recommendations can be electronically requested after you submit your application
6. Personal Essay
- Personal Essay must be uploaded as an attachment in the online application portal and meet the following criteria:
- Explain how the program will help you achieve your professional goals; and your motivation or desire to become a nurse
- Essays must be typed using Times News Roman, 12 pt. font size, double-spaced, and a maximum of 2 pages
- Resume must be uploaded as an attachment in the online application portal
8. Application Fee of $35.00
- All major credit cards are accepted as payment through the online application portal
- Non-refundable fee, which is not added as payment towards tuition costs
In addition to the above items, you may also be required to submit:
1. Official World Education Services (WES) credential evaluation for all degrees and coursework obtained outside the U.S.
- Official credential evaluations must be mailed directly from the agency to the Department of Nursing in sealed envelopes
- Further information can be found at: WES
2. Official TOEFL Test results
- Official test results must be mailed directly from the testing agency to the Department of Nursing in sealed envelopes
- Applicants must obtain a total score of 100 with a minimum score of 26 for speaking
- The TOEFL iBT Test must have been taken within two years of application to a DeSales Program
- Up-to-date information can be found at: TOEFL
- Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for further details
*Admission is rigorous; demonstrating minimum admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance into a DeSales nursing program.
In addition to meeting all academic requirements, students must meet the functional abilities essential for nursing practice.