Routine practicum evaluation is performed to assure that all students have timely and beneficial formative and summative evaluations of their progression in the specialty MSN courses. For a student to pass their MSN specialty courses, they must complete the required number of practicum hours, attain satisfactory performance and achievement of course outcomes. Each program has a specific set of criteria which the preceptor should refer to throughout the evaluation process.
- complete a written self-evaluation at the mid-point and end of each semester
- complete a site and preceptor evaluation at the end of each semester
- review, provide additional comments and sign the student's mid-point self-evaluation
- complete a final clinical evaluation with the student by the last day of the practicum rotation
- provide formative evaluation to the student as close to the mid-point of the rotation as possible
- complete a site visit report, provide a signed copy to the student and place a signed copy to the practicum faculty member