- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- Copy of current RN license
- Copy of any current national certifications, if applicable
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Letter from the Program Director of the applicant’s master’s program, outlining the number of clinical practicum hours completed as part of the program
- Vision statement and Inquiry Question
Information for Applicants Born Outside of the United States
- International applicants born in a country where the official language is other than English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within the past two years. Applicants must take the TOEFL iBT (internet-based) format and achieve a minimum total score of 104, with a minimum score of 26 in each of the Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing sub-scales. Please visit www.ets.org for additional information.
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Inc., with the resulting report submitted directly to the address above. Please visit www.naces.org for additional information.
DeSales University’s institutional reporting code is 002021
Letters of Recommendation
Three (3) letters of recommendation are required:
- one from a graduate program faculty member or someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic aptitude
- one from the present employer/supervisor
- one from an individual who has known the applicant in a professional capacity
After submission of your DeSales online application, request electronic Letters of Recommendation
Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
This should reflect all evidence of professional career achievements, publications, presentations, or other forms of professional scholarship.
Letter from Program Director
This should be a letter from the applicant's master's program director on college/university letterhead outlining the total number of clinical practicum hours completed as part of said program, if applicable.
Vision Statement and Inquiry Question
The Vision Statement should describe the applicant’s goals for a leadership role as a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) graduate as well as the applicant’s reason for applying to the DeSales University’s DNP Program. The Vision Statement should clearly express the applicant’s professional goals and how participation in the DeSales DNP Program will enhance those goals.
Additionally, the applicant should submit an Inquiry Question that identifies a question of clinical interest or a practice problem that will serve as the clinical inquiry topic for the final DNP Scholarly Project (SP). The scope of the DNP SP should be large enough to result in a system-wide change at the organizational, regional, or national level; a new or revised state health policy; or the establishment of a significant new health service for a population or geographic region. The purpose of the Inquiry Question is to demonstrate the applicant’s insight into the topic of scientific inquiry so faculty can evaluate written communication and research skills.
The appropriate length of the combined Vision Statement and Inquiry Question should be between 3-5 pages.
Submit Supporting Documentation To: DeSales University
Department of Nursing
ATTN: Graduate Secretary
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
Are you a DeSales MSN Graduate?
DeSales now offers one FREE, 3-credit, 800-level Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) course to eligible* DeSales University Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program graduates and DSU Post-MSN Certificate (PMC) completers.
* Offer effective as of January 9, 2017. The discount applies to DSU DNP tuition only and is not applicable toward fees, textbooks, or other costs associated with the DNP Program. For details regarding evaluation for eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-282-1100, x1664.