DeSales' Bethlehem Area Campus (formerly called the Easton Area Campus) 3001 Emrick Blvd, Suite 101 Bethlehem, PA 18020 is one of 1,400 CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test centers in the U.S. and abroad. CLEP is an uncomplicated, reputable, and efficient way for you to get college credit for knowledge you have acquired on your own. The most frequently asked questions about CLEP are:
1) How much does it cost to take a CLEP test? Currently, CLEP charges a fee of $85 for each CLEP exam. The DeSales administration fee is $20, making your total $105 for each test.
2) What are the CLEP exams that I can take? The CLEP EXAMINATIONS AND DeSales University UPDATED April 2013 Equivalencies document shows which exams can be taken for credit and how they transfer into our program. It's important to remember that CLEP exams are transfer credits and apply toward the DeSales transfer policy.
3) What score do I need to get credit for a CLEP exam? The majority of exams require a passing score of "50," although a few exams differ. The equivalency form previously mentioned lists this information as well.
4) What's the best way to prepare for a CLEP exam? There are many CLEP study guides available. We feel that the BEST way to prepare is to obtain an appropriate textbook and review the material. Study guides are helpful supplements, but a textbook covers the material on which you will be tested.
5) When are CLEP tests given? At DeSales, we administer the tests one Saturday per month. Call 610-814-3026 for upcoming dates.
6) What can I do to get more information about taking a CLEP exam? For specific information, please call 610-814-3026. For general CLEP information, visit the CLEP website at www.collegeboard.com/clep.