The Annual Fund helps DeSales students with scholarships and financial aid, technology and equipment, and athletic and art facilities.
How are my gifts used?
Primarily, gifts are directed to students for financial aid and scholarships. Funds are also used in arts and athletics programming, technology and equipment upgrades and other campus priorities that are not otherwise funded.
Why should I support the Annual Fund?
Because it is an important financial resource for students. It allows students who wish to attend DSU to do so and allows the University to continue providing top-quality, value-centered education at an affordable price.
Why should I support the Annual Fund every year?
Annual Fund gifts are put to work immediately. Each year, 100% of Annual Fund dollars get spent on financial aid or any area designated by the donor. In addition, a gift to the The Annual Fund every year shows that you believe in the work of the University.
Can I designate my gift to a specific DeSales need?
While unrestricted gifts are most beneficial because they allow the University to assign the dollars to greatest needs, there are specific areas to which you may designate your gift.
How often will I be contacted to support the Annual Fund?
We will reach out to you several times a year via
1) our student caller program - students have an opportunity to talk to our alumni and friends, thank them for their generosity and ask for their continued support
2) personal staff visits
3) direct mailings and emails featuring information and campus updates along with our request for support
Do all gifts matter?
Absolutely yes! There is strength in numbers and gifts of all sizes add up. In addition, gifts of any amount increase DeSales’ alumni participation rate, an important and impactful number.
What is alumni participation rate?
Participation rate is the percentage of alumni that give to The Annual Fund every year. Some elite schools have a 50% or higher rate, while others are below the national average of 10%. DeSales alumni currently participate at a rate that is slightly higher than the national average and are working toward a 25% participation rate. Let's go Bulldogs!
Why does participation rate matter so much?
1) it is a great measure of overall alumni and donor satisfaction and an impressive statistic to share with prospective DeSales students as a reflection of quality.
2) the percentage of individual participants in The Annual Fund creates powerful statistics used in generating additional funding through private and government sources and is a key part of the formula US News and World Reports uses in its America’s Best Colleges survey.
What is a matching gift?
Many companies offer matching gift programs as an employee benefit. In some cases, companies double or triple the gift to the employee's selected organization. Contact your Human Resources Department to learn the process at your organization.
When should I support the Annual Fund?
Every year between July 1 and June 30.
Is my gift tax deductible?
Gifts to DeSales University are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. In most cases, 100 % is deductible except in circumstances where a good or service has been provided. In those cases, we provide information on what portion of your gift is deductible.
How do I make my gift?
1) Make a gift online at www.desales.edu/give2desales
2) Make a gift over the phone to a student caller.
3) Send a check (payable to DeSales University) to:
2755 Station Avenue
Center Valley, PA 18034
How are DeSales Annual Fund donors recognized?
Each fiscal year, donors are recognized within giving clubs for their total contributions received by the university from July 1 through June 30. The Honor Roll of Donors appears either in the DSU Magazine and/or online at www.desales.edu/honorroll.
Questions? For more information please contact:
Lina Barbieri, executive director of annual giving, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 610.282.1100, ext. 1452.