Visitors to Campus
Visitors are encouraged to register their vehicle with DeSales University Police, located on the first floor in the Lawless Center, Center Valley Campus. This office is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Visitor passes are also available at the Admissions Office, located on the first floor in Dooling Hall, Center Valley Campus, during regular business hours.
The operation and parking of vehicles on DeSales University property is a privilege, not a right. Operators must abide by Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Code and University parking regulations. Violations will result in a citation/ticket being issued. DeSales University Police Officers have the authority of issuing citations in the event a motor vehicle infraction occurs. These regulations have been established to ensure fair and equitable access to parking for all members of our University community, as well as visitors. The parking regulations are strictly enforced.
Please review our Campus map for building locations and directions to our Campuses.
All Resident students are permitted to park in the following lots at any time:
- Their own residence hall, Billera Hall and the Labuda Theater.
- Between 6:30pm and 2:00am resident students may park in the following lots: Dooling Hall, Trexler Library, Gambet Center, Hurd Science Center and McShea Student Union.
- Between 7:30pm and 2:00am residents students may park in the DeSales University Center lot . Some residents with a specially issued permit may park in Brisson Hall lot .
- Resident students are prohibited from parking in the Wills Hall lot.
All Non-Resident students are permitted to park in the following lots at any time:
- DeSales University Center, Gambet Center, Trexler Library, Billera Hall, Labuda Theater and McShea Student Union.
- Between 4:30pm and 2:00am non-resident students may park in the Dooling Hall lot. Between 6:30pm and 2:00am non-resident students may park in the Hurd
- Science Center lot.
- Non-resident students are prohibited from parking in residence hall lots (except Brisson and Chappuis) and Wills Hall lot.
All Faculty and Staff may park in any lot with the exception of Wills Hall and Trexler Library.
No student, faculty, staff or visitor may park in a space reserved for handicapped individuals without the proper credentials or in a space reserved for a particular member of the faculty/staff.
Timed parking spaces will be strictly enforced.
Parking is prohibited in any place that is not a designated parking space. Examples of prohibited parking areas would be: the campus lawn, driveways, walkways, crosswalks, turning or travel lanes, fire lanes and safety zones. THESE ARE EXAMPLES AND NOT MEANT TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST.
Failure to register a vehicle or properly display the permit on the left side of the rear bumper or on the outside lower left corner of the back window will result in a ticket being issued.
All traffic laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are applicable and must be followed at all times.
These regulations have been established to ensure fair and equitable access to parking by all members of the DeSales University community, including visitors. All motor vehicle laws, rules and regulations will be enforced. Violators will be issued parking tickets and/or Pennsylvania State citations. Visitors must register at the Police station located in the Father Lawless Center. Upon registering the vehicle visitors will be issued a temporary parking pass. There is no charge for the parking pass.
Violations and Fines
Improper Placement/Attachment of Permit - $30.00
No Valid DSU Parking Permit - $50.00
Parking in Unauthorized Lot - $50.00
Parking in a Reserved Space - $50.00
Exceeding Posted Time Limit - $50.00
Blocking Dumpster - $50.00
Parking on Campus Lawn - $50.00
Parking in a Driveway/Walkway - $50.00
Parking in a Fire Zone - $50.00
Parking within 15 ft. of Fire Hydrant - $50.00
Sign Prohibits Parking - $50.00
Parking in a Handicapped Only Space - $85.00
Fraudulent use of a permit - $100.00
The University reserves the right to remove, at the owner's expense, any vehicle in violation of these regulations.