This section of the DeSales University website is dedicated to providing access to federally required information in accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) (HEOA) as amended in 2008.
The regulations enacted under the 2008 HEOA reauthorization require postsecondary institutions to make certain consumer information available to prospective and current students, prospective and current parents, employees, and the general public.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
Availability of institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Obtaining Financial Aid Information
- Contact the Financial Aid Staff
- Student Financial Aid Information
- How to Apply for Financial Aid (Undergraduate, Graduate, Adult ACCESS)
- Types of Financial Aid Available to Students (Federal Aid, State Aid, Loans, Scholarships, Private Funding, Work Study, Military Benefits)
- Student Employment through the Federal Work Study Program (FWS)
- Financial Aid Forms for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Programs
- Financial Aid Policies for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Programs
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
General Institutional Information
- Information on the Privacy of Student Records
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Annual Notification of Rights under FERPA (Student Handbook)
- Consumer Information on the College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Student Body Diversity
- Gender of the Student Body
- Race and Ethnicity of Student Body
- Federal Pell Grant Recipients
- Cost of Attendance for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Programs
- Net Price Calculator
- Financial Aid Policies
- Refund Policy for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Programs
- Requirements for Withdrawal for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Students
- Policy for the Return of Student Aid for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Adult ACCESS Students
- Textbook Information (search by course and term)
- Information and Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Graduate Academic Programs
- Adult ACCESS Academic Programs
- General Education Core Requirements for Undergraduate Students
- Instructional Facilities
- Faculty (faculty profiles are available online under each academic department)
- Transfer of Credit Policy Information
- Undergraduate Transfer of Credit Policy
- Graduate Transfer of Credit Policy
- Adult ACCESS Transfer of Credit Policy
- Community College Articulation Agreements
- Undergraduate Transfer Student Application Process
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education Accreditation Statement of Accreditation Status
- Other University Accreditations
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions
- Library Copyright and File-Sharing Policy
- Information Technology Copyright Infringement Policy
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- Legal Sources of Online Content – Alternative to Unauthorized Downloading
Teacher Preparation Program
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
Title II Report – A copy of the Title II Teacher Preparation Program Report is available by contacting the DeSales University Department of Education at (610) 282-1100, ext. 1465 or by email at email@example.com.
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs
- Where to Get Personal Support and Counseling
- Contact Information for Police and Public Safety
- Student Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Immunization Policy
- Annual Security Report
- Timely Warnings Policy
- Sexual Offense Policy
- Missing Persons Policy (In the Annual Security Report)
- Fire Safety Report and Fire Log
- Information for Crime Victims and Disciplinary Hearings
- Student Retention Rate
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates for Students Receiving Athletically- Related Student Aid – DeSales University does not offer athletically-related student aid
- Placement in Employment
- Job Placement Rates
- Type of Graduate and Professional Education in which Graduates Enroll
Intercollegiate Athletic Programs
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation and Financial Support
- Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
- NCAA Equity in Financial Aid Report - A copy of the NCAA Financial Aid Report is available by contacting the DeSales University Athletic Department at (610) 282-1100, ext. 1204 or by contacting the Director of Athletics by email at Scott.Coval@desales.edu.
- Voter Registration Forms
- Register to Vote in Pennsylvania & Federal Elections
- Information about College-Student Voting in Pennsylvania
Disclosure Requirements Related to Education Loans
- State Grant Assistance
PHEAA State Grant – Pennsylvania State Grants are awarded by the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) to eligible Pennsylvania residents pursuing their first undergraduate degree. Awards are based upon demonstrated financial need and enrollment (full-time, half-time) status. Continued eligibility (up to eight semesters) is based upon academic progress, housing status, and cost of attendance. PHEAA measures academic progress based upon attempted/completed credits during an academic year (fall, spring, summer).
Information about Other State Higher Education Assistance Agencies
- Student Loan Information Published by Department of Education
Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, plays a central and essential role in America's postsecondary education community. Our core mission is to ensure that all eligible individuals benefit from federal financial assistance—grants, loans and work-study programs—for education beyond high school.
- National Student Loan Data System
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database for student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of Education programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
All federal student loan programs require Entrance Counseling that can be completed online at www.studentloans.gov.
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
Students who borrowed a federal student loan while a student at DeSales University are required by federal regulation to complete an exit counseling session prior to graduation. See information on Exit Counseling information available through the Office of Financial Aid.
- Private (Alternative) Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form)
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
In accordance with Section 682.212 of the Federal Register, published by the Department of Education (2007), DeSales University does not include lenders in its preferred lenders list that have offered, or have offered in response to a solicitation by the school, financial or other benefits to the school in exchange for inclusion on the list or any promise that a certain number of loan applications will be sent to the lender by the school or its students. See Preferred Lender List Selection Process.
- Preferred Lenders List
Federal loan regulations, set by the Department of Education, require a school that chooses to provide a Preferred Lender List to borrowers to disclose their method of selecting the lenders included on their list of suggested lenders. This guide is to provide information to borrowers about the method the DeSales University's Financial Aid Office used to create a Preferred Lender List. See Preferred Lender List Selection Process.
- Preferred Lender Arrangements
Throughout the lender selection decision process, the DeSales University Financial Aid Office's goal evaluates and selects a list of reliable lenders who are able to provide beneficial products and services to the DeSales University community. A detailed process is outlined in the Criteria to Select Lenders. See Private Loan Disclosures.
For additional consumer information about DeSales University, please visit College Navigator.